|Basis of Education||Competence Standards||Structure of Studies||Development of Expertise||Methods and implementation||Course Table|
DA20SP Degree Programme in Design
This curriculum is a translation of the curriculum of the Finnish degree program.
Development of Expertise
In Savonia's curricula, the courses form broader study units. In this way, they support the overall development of the student and the development of expertise. At the same time, it is possible to combine teaching and work-based research and development.
The degree program in design is designed to ensure the:
• the skills required in working life and
• the development of the student's expertise.
• prepares a personal study plan to support his / her studies, in which previously acquired competencies are identified (includes at least 5 credits of studying in a foreign language)
• is responsible for the progress of his / her studies.
Savonia's teachers and other staff members guide and support in defining and achieving personal goals.
The education is carried out according to annual themes:
• Year 1: Basics of design skills - as a learner in a design project
• Year 2: development of design expertise - as a responsible actor in a design project
• Year 3: Deepening design skills - multidisciplinary and professional networks
• Year 4: application of design expertise - as an independent expert in design work.
We reserve the right to make changes to the curriculum due to the need to update the content being studied.