|Basis of Education||Competence Standards||Structure of Studies||Development of Expertise||Methods and implementation||Course Table|
|Name||Oral Health Care for Patients with Special Needs|
• explains the special features of oral health care for clients with different disabilities and oral cancer
• explains the special features of oral health care for mental health rehabilitation clients
• explains basic oral health care procedures
• explains the special features of oral health care for tracheotomised, intubated patients
• explains the special features of oral health care in palliative care
|Content||A dental hygienist in oral health care provided for special needs clients/patients. Oral health care for special needs clients/patients. Different aids in oral health care. A special needs client at home and in a care institution. Assisting a patient with mobility and eating, respiratory tract suction.|
Health care in emergency conditions.
|Requirements||Active participation in online and contact lessons and simulation exercises, |
completion of assignments, exams. Semi-annual assessment of the development of skills
and competence. PLE.
Alternative completion: work-based learning, an exam.
|Grading Scale||Passed (S) - 0|
We reserve the right to make changes to the curriculum due to the need to update the content being studied.