|Basis of Education||Competence Standards||Structure of Studies||Development of Expertise||Methods and implementation||Course Table|
|Name||Counselling Customer's Oral Self-care|
|Objectives||The student |
• explains the importance of learning and counselling concepts for an individual counselling process
• uses motivational methods in oral self-care counselling
• promotes individual and community participation in oral self-care
• applies counselling methods to his or her work with clients from different cultural backgrounds
• uses various digital communication channels in oral self-care counselling
• explains the treatment methods for patients with fear
• understands the AVEKKI action pattern and is motivated to work accordingly
• is able to prevent and manage threatening and violent situation in a dialogical manner
|Content||Strengthening client participation in health promotion. Motivational methods. Various communication channels in health promotion, eg digital methods. Oral self-care counselling for children and clients from different cultural backgrounds. Oral health care |
and counselling for patients with fear. The AVEKKI action pattern and applying it to different operational environments.
|Requirements||Active participation in contact lectures, assignment. Participation in AVEKKI lessons is compulsory.|
|Grading Scale||Passed (S) - 0|
We reserve the right to make changes to the curriculum due to the need to update the content being studied.