|Basis of Education||Competence Standards||Structure of Studies||Development of Expertise||Methods and implementation||Course Table|
TR20SP Degree Programme of Radiography and Radiation Therapy
This curriculum is a translation of the curriculum of the Finnish degree program.
Development of Expertise
In Savonia's curricula, the courses form broader study units. In this way, they are not detached but support the overall development of the student and the development of expertise. At the same time, it is possible to combine teaching and work-based research and development.
The radiographer curriculum is designed to ensure:
- the skills required in working life
- the development of the student's expertise
- draws up a personal study plan to support his / her studies, in which previously acquired skills are identified and recognized
- studies at least 5 ECTS of foreign languages â€‹â€‹in courses belonging to professional studies
- is responsible for the progress of his / her studies
- assess the development of their competence (PLE, Personal Learning Enviroment)
Savonia teachers and other staff guide and support in defining and achieving personal goals.
The student's expertise develops each year in accordance with the designated annual and semi-annual themes. In the radiology degree program, these are
Year 1: Fundamentals of the profession of radiographer
Semester themes: Learning to be a radiographer, patient encounter and care in a radiographer's job
Year 2: Methods used by the radiographers
Semester themes: Professional and safe isotope and imaging research, X-ray in radiotherapy and radiological procedures
Year 3: Radiographer in working life
Semester themes: As a radiographer in working life, as an radiographer and developer
Year 4: Radiographer as a developer of working life and activities
Semi-annual theme: As an radiographer in working life
We reserve the right to make changes to the curriculum due to the need to update the content being studied.