|Basis of Education||Competence Standards||Structure of Studies||Development of Expertise||Methods and implementation||Course Table|
|Name||Magnetic, Mammography Examinations and Children's Imaging Examinations|
- explains the principles of magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) and patient safety during the examinations as well as the most common MRI examinations and procedures
- applies the basics of radiography to mammography examinations and can explain the basic projections of mammography and evaluate mammography images based on the criteria for a good image
- plans and describes the performance and assessment of a paediatric imaging examination by using knowledge of growth and development and information on the disease and imaging examination in question, on the principles of radiation protection and on patient safety
- masters the calculations needed in paediatric medication and intravenous fluid therapy,
- applies knowledge of topographic anatomy and radiology to imaging
|Content||- physical phenomena of magnetic resonance imaging /MRI, image formation, sequences and filtering|
- the most common magnetic resonance imaging / MRI examinations,
- mammography equipment, breast anatomy, imaging projections and the criteria for a good image, follow-up mammography examinations, patient guidance and counselling, palpation, mammography screening in Finland, quality assurance in mammography examinations
- growth and development of children. The effects of illness and hospitalisation on a child/young person and the family.
- special features of medication for children and adolescents, paediatric drug calculations
- special features of pain management in children and adolescents
- children’s and adolescents’ imaging examinations. Preparing children and adolescents and their families for imaging examinations and procedure
- patient guidance on imaging examinations.
- radiation, patient and equipment safety in magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), mammography and paediatric imaging examinations
|Requirements||Participation in lectures, participation in visits to MRI and mammography departments, tutorials and lectures delivered by a radiologist and a seminar is compulsory, assignments, exams|
|Grading Scale||0 - 5|
|Course material||To be announced at the beginning of the course|
|Prerequisites||Ultrasound and Computed Tomography Examinations 5 cr|
We reserve the right to make changes to the curriculum due to the need to update the content being studied.