|Basis of Education||Competence Standards||Structure of Studies||Development of Expertise||Methods and implementation||Course Table|
|Objectives||The student can|
- choose a topic that is relevant for the development of both the field of study and his/her own expertise
- motivate his/her topic choice from various viewpoints
- create a thesis topic description and complete it into a thesis plan (=work plan)
- work flexibly with other people and parties involved in the thesis process
- present his /her knowledge and skills.
|Content||selecting a thesis topic and narrowing it down|
- writing a thesis topic description
- signing an agreement on thesis project and supervision
- finding a thesis supervisor
- information retrieval
- writing a thesis plan (= work plan) and finding source material
|Requirements||participation in thesis info sessions, writing a thesis topic description, independent work, information retrieval, presenting a thesis plan (=work plan) in a thesis seminar.|
|Grading Scale||Passed (S) - 0|
|Course material||The student acquires the material required in the thesis process independently. |
Savonia Reporting Instructions.
|Prerequisites||Research methodology studies of the degree programme.|
|Other Considerations||The student may create an individual yet appropriate timetable for the thesis process.|
We reserve the right to make changes to the curriculum due to the need to update the content being studied.