|Basis of Education||Competence Standards||Structure of Studies||Development of Expertise||Methods and implementation||Course Table|
ET20SP Degree Programme in Information Technology
This curriculum is a translation of the curriculum of the Finnish degree program.
Development of Expertise
In Savonia's curricula, the courses form broader study modules. In this way, they are not detached but support the overall development of the student and the development of expertise. At the same time, it is possible to combine teaching and work-based research and development.
The IT engineer curriculum is designed to
- the degree produces the skills required in working life
- the training ensures the development of the student's expertise.
- prepares a personal study plan to support his / her studies, in which previously acquired competencies are identified (includes at least 5 credits of studying in a foreign language)
- is responsible for the progress of his / her studies.
Savonia teachers and other staff guide and support in defining and achieving personal goals.
- Year 1: Acquisition of basic knowledge and experimental learning
- Year 2: Analysis and solution skills
- Year 3: Advanced Design Skills
- Year 4: Development skills
The student becomes acquainted with the study of technology and is oriented towards his / her professional field. The student acquires basic knowledge in the field of information technology and basic mathematical, communicative and foreign language skills. The student also learns the basics of project work skills.
The professional competence base of 1st year studies is expanded so that the student is able to analyze different solutions and master the basic principles of design work. Knowledge and skills related to teamwork are also developed. At the same time, mathematical and scientific knowledge will be deepened.
The student is able to design, implement and maintain extensive systems.
The student becomes more familiar with economics and masters the basics of development competence as well as the roles of different project actors.
We reserve the right to make changes to the curriculum due to the need to update the content being studied.