|Basis of Education||Competence Standards||Structure of Studies||Development of Expertise||Methods and implementation||Course Table|
|Name||Lean and Agile Product Development|
|Objectives||The goal of this period is to provide plant and manufacturing managers, and specialist deep understanding of the means, and competence, and quality tools to develop and implement the LEAN and Agile paradigms in reality. This means understanding of mass customizing unique products for individual customers or niche markets to building products to-order quickly, flexibly, and cost effectively in more and more turbulent business environment. The students learn how to manage variety, customize products quickly and easily, and develop and deliver products for JIT, LEAN and agile manufacturing.|
|Content||- LEAN –manufacturing,|
- Quality development tools,
- Executive overview, Mass Customization – The New imperative in Business, vision, model and information flow,
- Existing Products, Cost of Variety, Rationalizing Existing Products, Early steps and Prerequisites – Standardization,
- The Challenges of Mass Customizing Products – Cost and Speed, Putting the “Mass” in Mass Customization, Building Products Quickly with Agile Manufacturing,
- Developing Mass Customized Products, Planning and order Fulfillment, Agile Product for Mass Customization, Design Mass Customized Products,
- The Future of Mass Customized Products, and Lean and Agile manufacturing.
|Requirements||Introductory and stimulating lectures, and exercises in Moodle, team project or seminar work.|
|Grading Scale||0 - 5|
|Course material||Distant lectures and exercises in Moodle|
|Prerequisites||Basics of Production Planning and Control, and Product planning|
We reserve the right to make changes to the curriculum due to the need to update the content being studied.