|Basis of Education||Competence Standards||Structure of Studies||Development of Expertise||Methods and implementation||Course Table|
WUYI22KY Master´s Degree Programme in Energy Engineering
|Credits in Foreign Language||5 cr|
|Objectives||The student will obtain a general idea of the service design thinking and methods. Specific techniques, guidelines and examples are used to emphasize the practical aspects of service design in a ways that are both user centric and socially and culturally appropriate. Students will learn to understand important factors to consider when developing and applying service design processes.|
|Content||- Service design thinking methods and processes. |
- Understanding the service design challenge: the users, business environment and applicable technologies
- Observing, profiling, creating empathy for the users, participating with the users and being visual during the whole process
- Creating ideas, prototyping, evaluating and improving including the clients and the users in the process
- Implementing, maintaining and developing the services
- Operating with business realities.
|Requirements||This course is based on practice-oriented education.|
|Grading Scale||Passed - 0|
|Course material||STICDORN, M. & SCHNEIDER, J. (ed.) 2010. This is Service Design Thinking. Basics - Tools - Cases. Amsterdam: BIS Publishers.|
Dorst, K. 2015. Frame innovation: create new thinking by design. Cambridge: MIT Press.
|Other considerations||Intensive course at the beginning of June|
Pidätämme oikeuden opetussuunnitelmien muutoksiin mm. opiskeltavien sisältöjen päivitystarpeiden takia.