Separate application for immigrants
Separate application for immigrants
Have you completed a preparatory programme for higher education studies for immigrants? Do you wish to continue your studies in Bachelor-level and to complete a degree?
In the separate application for immigrants it is now possible for you to apply for a study place in Savonia UAS. You can apply to either Finnish or English degree programmes. Your studies will begin in autumn 2024.
You can apply in this application, if you have completed
- a degree, which gives eligibility for higher education studies, for example
- vocational upper secondary qualification in Finland
- Finnish Matriculation examination
- Upper secondary degree, completed outside Finland, which gives eligibility for higher education studies in the awarding country
- higher education degree completed in Finland or outside Finland
- AND a preparatory programme for higher education studies for immigrants covering at least 30 ECTS credits in a Finnish University of Applied Sciences.
In case applicant has completed a sectoral, discipline-based preparatory education (business, social and health care or technology), he/she may apply only to degree programmes of the field in question.
An applicant, who has completed a multi-disciplinary preparatory education may apply to any of the degree programmes.
An applicant, who has completed the preparatory education in English, may apply only to degree programmes, which are conducted in English.
Degree programmes and number of study places
There are two (2) study places available in each of these degree programmes:
- Bachelor of Business Administration, International Business, full-time studies, Kuopio
- Bachelor of Engineering, Industrial Management, full-time studies, Varkaus
- Bachelor of Engineering, Information Technology (Internet of Things), full-time studies, Kuopio
- Bachelor of Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, full-time studies, Kuopio
- Bachelor of Health Care, Registered Nurse, full-time studies, Kuopio
- Bachelor of Hospitality Management, full-time studies, Kuopio
- Agrologi (AMK), päivätoteutus, Iisalmi
- Bioanalyytikko (AMK), päivätoteutus, Kuopio
- Ensihoitaja (AMK), päivätoteutus, Kuopio
- Fysioterapeutti (AMK), päivätoteutus, Kuopio
- Insinööri (AMK), energiatekniikka, päivätoteutus, Varkaus
- Insinööri (AMK), konetekniikka, päivätoteutus, Kuopio
- Insinööri (AMK), rakennustekniikka, päivätoteutus, Kuopio
- Insinööri (AMK), sähkö- ja automaatiotekniikka, päivätoteutus, Kuopio
- Insinööri (AMK), tietotekniikka, päivätoteutus, Kuopio
- Muotoilija (AMK), päivätoteutus, Kuopio
- Musiikkipedagogi (AMK), päivätoteutus, Kuopio
- Rakennusarkkitehti (AMK), päivätoteutus, Kuopio
- Restonomi (AMK), hyvinvointimatkailun kehittäminen, päivätoteutus, Kuopio
- Röntgenhoitaja (AMK), päivätoteutus, Kuopio
- Sairaanhoitaja (AMK), päivätoteutus, Kuopio
- Sosionomi (AMK), päivätoteutus, Iisalmi
- Suuhygienisti (AMK), päivätoteutus, Kuopio
- Tanssinopettaja (AMK), päivätoteutus, Kuopio
- Tradenomi (AMK), liiketalous, päivätoteutus, Kuopio
Applications are handled in the order of arrival, once a month, always in the beginning of the month. The application period for each degree programme ends when study places for the programme have been filled. The application period for all degree programmes ends on 31 May 2024 at the latest.
This separate application is included in the one study place per term provision. According to this provision, a student may accept only one study place leading to a higher education degree in Finland in education that begins in the same academic term. This rule applies to all higher education.
For more information about the one study place per term provision, please visit Savonia UAS website.
Student selection is made on the basis of applicant’s study success in the preparatory programme for immigrants followingly:
1. Grade average of the preparatory programme studies: minimum average 2
2. Grade average of courses in Finnish language (15 credits): minimum average 3
3. Mathematics grade: minimum grade 2
If there are more applicants than open study places, the grades of the preparatory programme will be transformed into points and the applicant/applicants with the highest score will be selected.
If several applicants have the same score, the selection is made on the basis of the grade average of Finnish courses. If even this does not bring out distinction between the applicants, the admitted applicant/applicants will be drawn.
Grade 5 = 5 points
Grade 4 = 4 points
Grade 3 = 3 points
Grade 2 = 2 points
Grade 1 = 0 points
An applicant, applying to one of the degree programmes in English, must prove his/her proficiency in English with one these certificates:
1. Language test results:
- IELTS Academic: a minimum total score of 6.0
- TOEFL Academic (iBT): a minimum total score of 60
- PTE Academic: a minimum total score of 55
- Cambridge C1 Advanced: a minimum total score of 169
- Cambridge C2 Proficiency: a minimum total score of 169
2. National Certificate of Language Proficiency (YKI) English: Proficiency level 4 on all the subtests (reading, writing, listening and speaking).
3. Higher education degree completed in English in an EU/EEA country, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Switzerland, United Kingdom, or the United States
4. Upper secondary degree completed in English in an EU/EEA country, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Switzerland, United Kingdom, or the United States
5. One of the following grade cases in Finnish Matriculation Examination, European Baccalaureate, International Baccalaureate or Reifeprüfung/DIA:
- Finnish Matriculation Examination: English on advanced Level with a minimum grade of M
- International Baccalaureate completed in English
- International Baccalaureate diploma: grade 4 in higher level English
- European Baccalaureate: at least grade 6.00 in L2-level English
- Reifeprüfung/DIA completed diploma: at least grade 7 in advanced English
Savonia UAS charges tuition fees from students, who are not citizens of countries of the European Union (EU) or the European Economic Area (EEA) and who study in a degree programme, which is conducted in English.
The tuition fee is 8000 euros per academic year for Bachelor studies. Early Bird -price is not available in this application. You can read more information about the tuition fee on Savonia UAS website.
You don’t have to pay the tuition fee if you have one of these documents:
- Passport or identity card to indicate the citizenship of EU/EEA/Switzerland
- EU blue card in Finland
- EU Family Member’s Residence Card in Finland
- Continuous residence permit card in Finland, Type A permit
- NB: Type A permit granted for studying in Finland (from 15 April 2022 onwards) does not exempt student from paying tuition fee.
- EU residence permit for third-country citizens with long-term residence permit card in Finland (type P-EU)
- Permanent residence permit card in Finland, Type P permit
- Proof from the Finnish Immigration Services that you have registered, or applied to register, your right of residence in Finland in accordance with the withdrawal agreement (for UK-citizens who have arrived in Finland before 1 January 2021)