If you are a degree student at a Finnish University or a University of Applied Sciences, you can apply for transfer from your current Degree Programme to an equivalent Degree Programme at Savonia University of Applied Sciences to complete your studies.
A student studying at a foreign University or University of Applied Sciences cannot be considered as a transfer student. The change of the field of study requires normal application procedure.
The next application period is on 2nd – 15th November 2020. You can apply transfer twice a year, in May and in November.
You may apply to Savonia University of Applied Sciences as a transfer student, if you meet the following requirements and there are free study places available:
- You are registered as a degree student at a Finnish University or University of Applied Sciences.
- You have a valid study right for at least one (1) academic term.
- You have completed Bachelor’s studies at least 45 credits/year or 22 credits/term (Master’s studies at least 30 credits/year or 15 credits/term) by the end of the application period. Credits recognized on the basis of previous studies are excluded.
Studies must be completed and registered to your transcript of records by the end of the application period.
The transfer is possible if
- You meet the admission criteria.
- Your studies can be accredited for the new degree programme and you are able to graduate within the regulated study time.
- There is free study place available for you.
If there are more students applying than can be admitted, the students´ study success and the number of credits will be decisive.
The decisions on the admission of students are made within four (4) weeks after the expiration of the application period and information about the decision will be sent to all applicants by email.
Apply at www.studyinfo.fi
You will find the right degree programme by searching with the name of the degree programme and Savonia (e.g. International Business Savonia). Open the additional information and fill in the form “Transfer application, Savonia UAS, autumn 2020”.
Fill in the application form during the application period. The application period ends on the last day at 3 pm Finnish time.
Please enclose official attachments to the application form by 17th November 2020 at 23.59 Finnish time:
- student certificate which shows your enrolment details
- study records which shows completed credits needed for the transfer
Savonia UAS collects tuition fees from non EU/EEA students.
Savonia Admission Services