|Name||The Northern Savo centre of expertise for the interprofessional social and health care education|
|Description||The work in the health and social care environments is changing. The aging population and changing disease profile create the need for which we have to prepare. There is an increasing need for new ways to think what and how we are working in health and social care. The interprofessional work, as well as studying interprofessionally have become more important.
This project has been planned together with the University of Eastern Finland (UEF) and Savonia University of Applied Sciences (Savonia). There are thousands of students in the UEF and Savonia studying health and social care disciplines. Therefore, in the Northern Savo we have the unique possibility to provide interprofessional education with the real health and social care environment responding to its need and strengthening the connection between work and education. This way we are able to recruit more potential students and employees for the social and health care.
This project has six working packages:
1. Preparation of the interprofessional training model
2. New interprofessional learning environment in the acute care ward of the Kuopio University Hospital
3. New interprofessional learning environment in the primary health care
4. Education of the social and health care professionals to act as the tutors in the interprofessional training
5. Assessment and implementation of the training model
6. Administration and communication
This project builds new interprofessional environments and models, which respond to the changing needs of social and health care. It creates possibilities for the inventive collaboration between universities, health and social care sector and business. This way it has the potential to draw talented students from Finland and all over the world to study social and health care disciplines in the Northern Savo.
|Funded by||ESR Flat Rate 2014-2020|