|Name||Wood Innovation Network (WIN)|
|Description||Wood Innovation Network, (2015-2017), is a regeneration, growth and internationalizing project of the wood product industry from Eastern Finland. The project answers to the needs of SMEs to develop, plan and curry out their generation, growth and new export and internationalizing by new and effective ways with the help of unusual wide and diverse range of experts included in the new innovation network. The project provides to companies research, development and innovation (RDI) actions via the RDI clinic in order to prepare, start and carry quality research, development and protoworkshop operation that companies need and what is essential for the renovation and growth of area´s wood industry and industrial timber construction.
Activities of the RDI clinic are based on the strategies of companies involved in the project. The clinic provides these companies´ needed expert services for the wood industry what the other operators can´t provide in the region. The services of the RDI clinic are able to use by all companies on three regions and the most of the services will be provided at regions´ three universities of applied sciences. The services of the project also support the development of wood construction and especially preparing, planning and starting pilot projects of industrial timber construction as well as the generation of refining subcontracting, e.g. refining the Cross Laminated Timber (CLT), Laminated veneer lumber (LVL) or the other wood based semi products and product sections needed in wood construction.
1. The new and low-carbon business will be developed in companies in collaboration with the RDI clinic.
2. Wood industry companies will launch remarkable product development projects targeting the growth and internationalizing which will contribute employment and vitality in the regions.
3. Companies have developed to raise friendliness to the environment of their products, life cycle thinking as well as energy efficiency and low-coal in production.
4. Collaboration in the innovation network during the project increases availability, impressiveness and utilization rate of the RD services provided by regions´ universities and research institutes.
5. The over regional cooperation between the companies will increase and it creates effectiveness to market searching, improves the ability to growth and internationalization in the companies. Innovations and pilot projects will bring out new national customer interface and will make wood products and wood construction well known also on a domestic market.
With the contribution of the project, the results will substantially increase in involved companies energy efficiency, low carbon footprint product solution and production. The project actions will be performed as collaboration between SMEs, Savonia University of Applied Sciences, Karelia University of Applied Sciences, Mictech Oy, Savonlinnan Yrityspalvelut Oy, Aluekehityssäätiö, Navitas Kehitys Oy and Savo Grow Oy together with the other trade promoters in the region. The operation regions are South Savo, North Savo and North Karelia.
|Partners||Projektin toteuttavat vuosina 2015-2017 yhteistyössä
Savonia-ammattikorkeakoulu, Karelia-ammattikorkeakoulu, Aluekehityssäätiö, Navitas Kehitys Oy, Mikkelin kehitysyhtiö Miksei Oy, Savonlinnan Yrityspalvelut Oy, Kehitysyhtiö SavoGrowOy sekä mukaan tulevat yritykset.
Projektia rahoittavat Euroopan unionin aluekehitysrahasto (EAKR), kunnat ja yritykset.
EU-rahoituksen myöntänyt viranomainen on Pohjois-Savon liitto. Muut osarahoittajat ovat Etelä-Savon ja Pohjois-Karjalan maakuntaliitto.
|Funded by||EAKR Flat Rate 2014-2020|